Excited doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel to be sharing this beautiful cover with you for J. Sterling’s new standalone, SEEING STARS scheduled for release on March 13th!
I LOVEEEEEEEE J and her books <3
Walker Rhodes is a hot singing sensation who never settles down, spends too much money gambling and gets in trouble on the daily- at least if you believe all the tabloids. Madison Myers is a hard working talent agent assistant thrust into the spotlight one day after Walker pulls her on stage during one of his concerts. She tries to stay away from him, but he keeps chasing her. She is strong in her resolve and he is relentless in his pursuit. The question is… WHY?!?! Tabloid Headline Reads: Walker Rhodes pulls woman on stage during LA concert and serenades her with stars in his eyes and we watched as the sparks flew! But just who is this mystery woman who has stolen Walker’s heart? And will she be the one to finally tie down our favorite womanizing gambler? Our readers poll: 80% say no way! The other 20% wish they were her! Read more inside…
Walker sat on one of the stage steps, his chin in his hand as he spoke to the screaming crowd. “I need a volunteer for this next part.” His head raised slowly, his eyes scanning the crowd. Keri jumped up and down like a crazy person, waving her arms and screaming his name. I laughed at her antics and sat perfectly still, not wanting to bring any more unwanted attention to myself. Another tap on my shoulder caused my irritation to bubble as I turned to what was sure to be that annoying overly made-up stupid girl again. It wasn’t. I came face-to-face with a giant of a man wearing all black and holding a walkie-talkie. Intimidated, I took a half step back and looked around for Keri. “Come with me.” His tone implied a demand, not a request, and I suddenly wondered what I’d done wrong. Who the hell was this guy? He’s not the boss of me. He’s not going to tell me to come with him and think I’ll just obey. I frowned and said quickly, “Uh. No, thanks.” He flashed his VIP backstage pass in my face as if it were the only credential he needed. “Miss. It’s part of the show. Can you come with me, please? You’ll be onstage with Mr. Rhodes.” Oh. Well, shit. I guess he could be the boss of me, after all. I shot Keri a surprised look before I was quickly hauled off in the direction of an almost completely darkened backstage area. We walked through a black curtain before we were hit with lights and blaring music. “I’m going to bring you onstage.” “And then what?” I asked, suddenly nervous. Not to be around Walker Rhodes, but nervous at the thought of standing in front of thousands of screaming people with cell phones ready to record my every move. I started to tremble. Afraid my legs wouldn’t hold me up any longer, I begged the security guy to help me out there. He smiled at me and gave me a little shove. Thanks, you dick. Next thing I knew, I was standing onstage, my face mere inches from Walker’s. Walker no-human-being-should-be-anywhere-near-this-gorgeous-in-real-life Rhodes.
I got fired from my last job. It’s true. I know you’re sitting there thinking, “Jenn, how could anyone in their right mind fire someone as amazing and awesome as you are???” And i’d love to give you a good reason, but the truth is… being This! Awesome! is clearly very scary to other less awesome people. 🙂 So I said screw them and started writing my first book. And you know what I realized? Writing books that mean something to me is a million times better than working my ass off for someone who doesn’t really care about anything other than the bottom line. My soul feels more satisfied. My heart, more full. So thank you for reading, loving and recommending the stories I write. I think you’re awesome- and not only am I not scared of other awesome people, I want them on my team! Click HERE to read a post where I talk about how you all have changed my life. 🙂
*Please note that SEEING STARS will also be available at the following retailers – Smashwords, Kobo, IBooks, B&N – no pre-order available at time of cover reveal.*