Park Reed is a bastard in every sense of the word. He hasn’t always been this way. But after his heart was broken by the only girl he ever loved, being heartless gets him through the day and allows him to fill his nights with the nameless girls he has no intentions of seeing again. He now lives his life following his ever-growing list of “life lessons.”
Lucy Braden is everything Park is not. She’s sweet, caring, and an all-around nice person. She tries to follow Lucy’s Rules to Live By every day.
When Park moves in with Jessie, which happens to be the floor below Lucy, Jessie’s one stipulation: Lucy is off limits to Park. The problem with that is Lucy is determined to be a good friend to Park and see past the drinking and random girls to find the man beneath it all. The other problem: Park follows his own rules.
*This is a New Adult novel. Recommended for 17+ due to sexual situations, harsh language, and drug and alcohol use.
Before Now is a companion novel to Sometimes Never, and many of its characters are in Park’s story. However, it can be read as a stand-alone book
Before Now is a multi POV (my favorite kind of book) and was fantastic and it is 100% without a doubt is completely readable as a standalone. I do own Sometimes Never but just haven’t had the chance to read it yet, which, after reading Before Now I can assure you it WILL be read ASAP.
Park Reed is our asshole who deep down isn’t really one he just does a LOT of assholian like things. Especially when it comes to girls. After his heart was broken and smashed to smithereens he decided he wasn’t letting another girl in. Park became a hit it and quit it kind of guy never sleeping with the same chick twice.
However when he meets Lucy they’re both fighting the attraction they feel towards one another; she knows a guy like Park will only lead to heartbreak and trouble and Park knows Lucy’s no hit it and quit kind of girl. That’s where things get fun! I loved seeing the flirting/tension between them. Cheryl did a great job with building the anticipation between Park and Lucy because I found myself cheering “yesssss!!!” when finally something did happen between them. For a brief moment things were looking up for the two of them until Park manages to screw it up and because it’s Park he does it BIG time! Never fear though because, after seeing what his life is like without Lucy really in he finally gets his head out of his ass and with help from an unlikely source he sets out to win Lucy back and make things right. I swear what he did to get Lucy back made me freakin melt! Things get interesting when they’re hit with a curve ball that I honestly was hoping for because I was dying to see how Park dealt with it and I was absolutely giddy with his handling of it. I was proud of him. I fell a little more in love with him. I fell a little more in love with their story and Cheryl’s writing. From start to finish I loved Before Now I loved the writing; it was raw and real. Not everything was perfect flowers & rainbows and the characters were fantastic. I’d love to see Bree, Jessie, Chase, Annie and Guy get their own stories in the future because I’m not done with these characters and I’m definitely not done with Cheryl’s writing!
For Me it was a 5 star. I absolutely loved it
1. You can never fucking go back. What’s done is done. Whatever damage you’ve caused is permanent. Life doesn’t have an undo button – no matter how much you wish it did.
2. Don’t waste your time wishing. It doesn’t work an you just wind up looking like a fucking loser. Don’t believe me? Let”s try a little experiment. With in one hand and shit in the other. now tell me which hand filled up faster.
3. Life is shitty. Fucking deal with it. You want something? Take it. Take it and fuck everything and everybody else.
4. Do not – under and circumstances fall in love.
5. Don’t mess with your friends family. especially the crazy ones.
6. You don’t always get what you want. In fact, it’s pretty fucking rare.
Real life people– it isn’t pretty. That’s life lesson…? Fuck, I can’t remember. Just add it to the list.
8. Fuck. and Fuck a lot. Don’t make love. Don’t even have sex. No feelings. Just feed you basic animalistic needs. Never the same girl twice– unless it falls within the same night or following morning– and never get attached. Dont take
their number. Why? Because after you fuck them— Forget about them.
9. Always bag it. seriously, Always. And if the girls shady– double bag it.
10. Do not have children. They’re short, evil demons with homicidal tendencies.
11. Don’t talk shit to group of guys when you’re by yourself. Especially if you got a blow job from one of their girlfriends.
12. As your life changes, change your rules accordingly. Nothing is set in stone when it comes to living.
13. Focus on what is– not what could have been.
:Before Now is Available for:
:Find Cheryl on:
Enter below to win a $25 Amazon gift card and a kindle copy of Before Now